Friday 6 May 2011

Professors: Scratchy Voice

I really liked studying the cardiovascular system last year, but the lectures were a little bit taxing on the ears.

The professor that taught us about it was this old, high-pitched little lady whose appearance and voice reminded me an awful lot of Delores Umbridge in that Harry Potter movie. Her ridiculously scratchy voice made it very difficult to concentrate on anything she was actually saying.

Something that I really didn't understand about her is why she always used human information, images, and studies. Some things, you do have to depend on studies based around human medicine, because no one ever thought to figure it out for domestic animals, but the heart is not one of those things. It's pretty central to things being alive. My guess is that she either is too lazy to look for a veterinary textbook, or she didn't get accepted to med school and is still bitter about it.

There are pictures of animal hearts in my anatomy textbook, I don't see how she could possibly have a hard time finding one. If there's a basic diagram of a person, why couldn't she put a picture of an animal to show the same thing? I just don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment