Sunday 17 April 2011

Earthquake

As part of the safety routine they had to go through for the first anatomy lab, they explained what to do in the event of an earthquake.

Evidently, the vet tower, which is built around two staircases and is eight stories high, is designed so that we should stand in the stairways. They are reinforced and supposedly super earthquake-proof, while the "wings" of the building sticking out on either side will crumble around them. Alright.

Just picture an entire vet school huddling on the stairs.



Evidently we've had a few earthquakes, but I never seem to feel them. One friend claims stuff was falling off his shelves; I wouldn't have known if everyone else hadn't been all, "Did you feel the earthquake?!" Also, by way of being an international student, whenever there's an earthquake in a completely different part of the country, there's a good chance that people back home don't realise it's not anywhere near me. Often a bunch of my friends and family will email me asking if I'm ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment