Monday 24 February 2014

Still Not Going To Be An Equine Vet

I have to do an equine externship at a local practice, because apparently you can't avoid horses even when you track I-hate-horses. Er, I mean smallies.

Pros:
- Got given ice cream
- The vet has a new puppy, so I spent most of the day with said puppy in my lap or arms.
- Horses are gorgeous. Very pleasant to look at.
- Outside on nice days

Cons:
- Driving the whole damn day
- Unpack all your equipment, do your thing for 20 minutes, repack everything. Drive to next farm, unpack everything again, start over
- Outside on crappy days, too.
- Chain smoking client, impossible to avoid smoke cloud

Okay there are actually a zillion more reasons involving the medicine itself, the clients and client interaction, and the work/lifestyle on why I don't want to be an equine vet, and a lot of them overlap with why I decided not to do any production medicine, either. I could write a whole essay on it. In fact, I have, because we had to write an essay about why we wanted the track we chose (there are limited spots for each track). Maybe it will be the subject of a future blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment